Free family cooking workshops
Do you want to save your family up to £60 a month?
Did you know that the average family in Havering can throw away the equivalent of £720 a year in food waste?
The Havering Waste and Recycling Team have been awarded funding by Sainsbury’s as part of their National Waste Less, Save More campaign to offer families in Havering the opportunity to take part in a free family cookery workshop.
You and your family can attend one free workshop which will include interactive activities for both adults and children, advice, tips and tricks on how to reduce food waste at home so that you can save money, a pizza making activity and a free food waste prevention kit worth £10.
Sessions will run on various dates from October to December 2017. To take part in a workshop click on the button below and register. Sessions are limited and will be offered on a first come first served basis.
Terms & Conditions
- Families must consist of at least one adult and one child (under 18).
- Children are encouraged to attend the workshop but it is not essential and no more than four family members in total to attend any workshop.
- All children must be accompanied by a Parent or Guardian who is 18+.
- Activities within the workshop will be designed for children of ages 4+. Children under this age are welcome but may not be able to participate in all of the activities.
- All children attending the workshop must be supervised and will be the responsibility of the parent/guardian at all times throughout the workshop.
- Priority spaces will be given to residents who have not previously attended a Love Food Hate Waste cookery workshop.