Help applying for social work jobs
Step up to social work
This is a tailored training scheme which enables trainees to work towards a social work qualification. Participants will be given a bursary of over £19,000 to support them through the 14 month programme.
On successful completion of the course, trainees will qualify as social workers and are awarded a Postgraduate Diploma in Social Work.
For more information on the programme and to apply, please visit the GOV.UK website.
Social Care Academy
Our Academy aims to provide a framework which promotes and encourages learning and professional development in social care at any stage of your career. Promoting improvements in practice and delivering high standards of care is our key priority.
The social work academy is organised into six faculties that reflect the professional journey of a social worker.
- Practitioners in Training: Getting you qualified and taking the first steps in your professional development.
- The Social Worker and Advanced/Senior Practitioner Pathway: This is where Havering staff build their detailed understanding of theory and practice, have the opportunity to develop special interests and expertise and have the opportunity to begin to support the learning of others.
- Management and Leadership Pathway: Growing a learning organisation so managers lead their staff in a manner that encourages workers to use their professional expertise and understanding.
- Social Care Pathway: Our social care workforce comprises a varied range of social care practitioners who we are committed to developing.
- Research, Evidence and Evaluation Faculty
- Providers Pathway: We are working towards having a skilled workforce which supports the person in a way which ensures they have a high quality service regardless of whether the worker comes from the local authority, a contracted provider or the voluntary sector.
For more information on the Academy please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org