If you lose a dog we will pass on the details to the dog warden in case he has your dog.
To report a lost dog please call 01708 432777.
Please also see Battersea dogs home advice on lost dogs page.
We have a responsibility to seize stray dogs. If the dog is not claimed then we have to keep and ensure that its needs are met to the extent required by good practice for a maximum of seven days.
After seven days the contractor becomes the legal owner of the dog. The contractor will then attempt to re-home the dog. Please be aware once this happens we are no longer involved with the dog.
Costs to recover lost dogs
If your dog has been collected by our contractor he will contact you.
You must pay the contractor to get your dog back.
The cost will be made up of a number of parts which are as follows:
- statutory fee imposed by legislation = £25
- local authority administration fee = £10
- kennelling fees. These are £14 for each day the dog is held, starting immediately as it is received by the contractor
- any veterinary charges for keeping the dog in good health whilst in the contractors care
- collection cost (see below)
Collection cost is based on the day and time that the contractor collects the dog.
- 8am to 4.59pm is £50
- 5pm to 11.59pm is £65
- midnight to 7.59am is £70
Weekends and Bank holidays:
- All Day £70