Changes to council services and advice and support we can provide is available on our dedicated coronavirus information page. Go to our coronavirus information page

Registrars service changes due to coronavirus

There are a few changes to our service regarding booking for birth registrations and marriage or civil partnership notices. Please email or call 01708 433481 if you have an urgent query. Find out all the details of the changes

Certificate corrections

If you registered a birth, death or marriage at our register office, Langtons, we may be able to correct minor mistakes such as occupation or parent's place of birth. For mistakes involving names, gender or removing the wrong father's details, you must email:, please note fees will apply.

Once authorised you will be given a unique reference number which you will then need to use to book an appointment to witness and confirm the correction.

Application and guidance notes


Book your authorised appointment for a correction

If you are unsure about how to apply or who to send your application to, you may email:, please note fees will apply.

Full list of registration fees

How would you rate this page?

Rate this page

Thank you for rating this page.
You can also choose to leave us feedback.