Shared living services

If you need support, you can live with a shared lives carer in their home. They then help you with your day-to-day needs.

You can stay with a shared lives carer for a short period to recover from an accident or short term medical issue or over a longer period of time.

To use shared lives you have to be aged over 16 and need support because you:

  • have a learning disability
  • have a physical disability
  • have a sensory disability
  • have mental health support needs
  • are finding it more difficult to manage as you get older
  • are leaving care / transitioning through care
  • need extra support after leaving hospital
  • need extra support whilst going through a period of illness

You’ll usually need to contribute towards the rent and food bills in shared lives accommodation.

You can contact the scheme directly to enquire about moving into shared lives accommodation and pay for their services yourself.

Call the service on 0208 519 9536 or email

If you need help with the costs you can have an assessment.

If you would like to move to shared lives accommodation, call 01708 432000 or complete our online ask Adult Social Care form.

If you are referred to shared lives, the service matches you with the right carer for you in the right environment to make sure the accommodation meets your needs.

Shared lives services are registered with the Care Quality Commission and the carers are trained and subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.

How would you rate this page?

Rate this page

Thank you for rating this page.
You can also choose to leave us feedback.