Havering Health and Sports Development started up a Disability Steering Group working with partners such as Positive Parents, Youth Service, YMCA, Local Clubs, Havering SENCO, School Sports Collective, Local Schools and Colleges to develop disability sport in the borough.
- Para Active Satellite Club - Tuesdays 5-6pm @ YMCA (Multi sport, Dance, Archery, Wheelchair Basketball, Football)
Para Active Swimming
Access is given to half of the main pool which is roped off for us. Swimming cost £3 for the session and carers are allowed to swim for free. Children under 8 who are residents of Havering, are also able to swim for free.
After the success of our Para Swim sessions over the Easter holidays, there will be another session available this May Half term
For more information please contact: email@example.com
Other Para Activities
- Swim and Gym for people aged 13-25, Sundays at Hornchurch Sports Centre. Call 01708 450 609 for more info
- Metro Sport provide a monthly newsletter with a range of activities – you can see the latest issue here.
- Thames Chase offer a cycle hire scheme, which also include adapted cycles as part of their “Cycling for All” project
- Boccia (Mon and Thurs) and Yoga (Tues) are held weekly at YMCA. Call 01708 766211 for more info