Havering Health and Sports Development started up a Disability Steering Group working with partners such as Positive Parents, Youth Service, YMCA, Local Clubs, Havering SENCO, School Sports Collective, Local Schools and Colleges to develop disability sport in the borough.
We now have a weekly session run throughout the year:
- Para Active Satellite Club - Tuesdays 5-6pm @ Noak Hill Sports Complex (Multi sport, Dance, Archery, Wheelchair Basketball, Football and much more).
More information is available at www.haveringactive.co.uk/parasport
Para Active Swimming
Access is given to half of the main pool which is roped off for us. Swimming cost £3 for the session and carers are allowed to swim for free. Children under 8 who are residents of Havering, are also able to swim for free.
After the success of our Para Swim school holiday sessions, there is a weekly swim session
- Para Swim – Sundays 12noon – 1.30pm @ Chafford Sports Complex
Other Para Activities
- Swim and Gym for people aged 13-25, Sundays at Hornchurch Sports Centre. Call 01708 450 609 for more info
- Metro Sport provide a monthly newsletter with a range of activities – you can see the latest issue here.
- Thames Chase offer a cycle hire scheme, which also include adapted cycles as part of their “Cycling for All” project
- Boccia (Mon and Thurs) and Yoga (Tues) are held weekly at YMCA. Call 01708 766211 for more info