Anti-social behaviour

​​​Your lease states that you must not do anything within your flat, building or estate that could cause a nuisance, annoyance or damage to other residents.​​​

​​This applies to everyone living in your home and any visitors.

Examples of nuisance are:

  • loud and frequent playing of music, radio or television
  • noisy parties
  • other loud noise such as vacuum cleaning, hammering or arguments
  • harassment of neighbours
  • uncontrolled animals
  • blocking shared areas in the building or on the estate

TV's, radios and so on should only be played at reasonable levels at reasonable hours. No one should be able to hear noise outside any flat.

You must take all reasonable precautions to avoid noise nuisance of any kind.

If you are found to be causing a nuisance or harassment, Havering Council can take legal action against you.

Who do I report harassment or nuisance to?

Contact Housing Services

Officers will investigate your complaint and take appropriate action.

Do I need permission to keep a pet?

Yes. If you wish to keep a pet, you must first seek permission from Havering Council. If permission is granted, your pet must be kept under control at all times. Failure to do so may result in legal action taken against you.


How would you rate this page?

Rate this page

Thank you for rating this page.
You can also choose to leave us feedback.