Sheltered housing regeneration
The following proposals went to Cabinet on Wednesday 12 October 2016.
- Royal Jubilee Court in Gidea Park will be developed as an older persons’ village.
- Serena, Solar and Sunrise Court in Hornchurch will be developed as an older persons’ village.
- Brunswick Court in Cranham will be demolished and redeveloped as an extra care sheltered housing scheme.
Four sheltered housing scheme sites will be regenerated for general needs housing, some of which may be allocated for people over the age of 50.
- Delderfield House, Collier Row
- Dell Court , Hornchurch
- Maygreen Crescent and Park Lane, Hornchurch
- Queen Street, Romford
Sheltered housing schemes staying open
The 12 Sheltered Housing schemes which will remain open will have investment made to make sure they are fit for purpose for the foreseeable future.
This could include new lifts, communal facilities and improved grounds maintenance.
Those 12 schemes are:
- Bards Court, Harold Hill
- Beehive Court, Harold Wood
- Charlbury Court, Harold Hill
- Cockabourne Court, Harold Wood
- Cole Court, Harold Hill
- Cottons Court and Fambridge Court, Romford
- Garrick House, Hornchurch
- Holsworthy House, Harold Hill
- Poplar Street, Romford
- Ravenscourt Grove, Hornchurch
- Thomas Sims Court , Elm Park
- William Tansley Smith House, Hornchurch