If you can tick off each of these areas then you are likely to have what is needed to foster for Havering.
- A spare room in your home.
- You live in Havering or a surrounding borough.
- Aged over 25 (there is no upper age limit).
- Time to give to a vulnerable child or young person.
- You are in good health.
- Be flexible and keep the child at the centre of your life.
- You want to learn how to care for a child and to help them achieve their potential.
Criminal convictions and fostering
A conviction will not necessarily stop you from being accepted but will mean your application will be given careful consideration.
If you have a criminal record but would like to foster contact us using the details below and we can look into whether you are able to foster.