Why work for us
Havering Council is a dynamic and innovative organisation
We employ over 8,000 people, including those in schools, across a number of locations within the borough.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best staff, and developing their careers and potential.
If you are looking for the opportunity to make a real difference to people's lives and establish a stimulating and rewarding career in an ever-changing and developing organisation, we want to hear from you.
Our employees choose to serve the residents and communities in our borough, determining how their local needs are met.
We want you to help us create a culture that is thirsty for change, not scared of it.
We need a Council full of curious people ready to talk about ideas.
We are an organisation that:
- will treat our residents as active planners and co-designers of the services for which we’re responsible
- stands up against discrimination and stands for collaboration
- invests in your development and enables you to take ownership of it
- holds each other responsible for upholding every day our ICARE values
Find out what it means to Choose Havering.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for individuals who will flourish and relish the opportunity to work in innovative ways.
Someone who will invest in themselves, put our residents first, and be curious and creative to work together to push through the boundaries of what is possible.
If this sounds like you, then Havering could well be the perfect place for you to take your next big step in your career.
What we can offer you
Pay and annual leave
- Competitive salary and market supplement
- 26 days annual leave which rises to 29 days after 5 years of service
- Relocation package - up to £7,000
- The council offers an excellent pension scheme
- Contributions by the council is up to 15.6 per cent (dependent on salary)
Health and Wellbeing
- Employee assistance programme
- Free confidential advice and telephone counselling
- Corporate gym membership of £36 a month
- Staff yoga, pilates classes and badminton
- Workplace programme - monthly calendar of events that include: mental health, men's health and women's health
- Simply health cash back plan
- A collaborative, supportive workplace
- Scenic workplace locations across Havering
- Flexible workplace allowances
- Staff forums
- Staff recognition awards
- Carpool scheme
- Cycle to work scheme