Havering Educational Services accepted into British Educational Services Association
Havering Council has become one of only three local authorities to who have earned accreditation by the British Educational Services Association (BESA), and is the only one that solely provides services and not products.
In addition to providing a wide range of services to schools in the London Borough of Havering, Havering Educational Services (HES) provides a series of services to schools outside of the borough including:
- Schools Human Resources Services
- Payroll Service
- Governor Services
- School Improvement Services
- Ethnic Minority Achievement Support
- Health and Safety Advisory Service
- SIMS Support Service
- Attendance and Behaviour Support
- Education Brokerage Service - which gives schools access to a framework of approved private sector suppliers of goods and services
Its clients include schools in Waltham Forest, Newham, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham and Essex.
Councillor Robert Benham, Cabinet Member for Children and Learning, said:
“We are very proud to be accepted into this prestigious association. And, as one of only three boroughs who are members, we hold a nearly unique position.
“HES already supplies schools with services in other boroughs and we are looking to expand this and also talk to local businesses to see if they would be interested in our HR Services, Payroll Service, Health and Safety Advisory Service to mention but a few.”