Fire Safety Week partnership event
Havering Council and London Fire Brigade are joining forces to run a Fire Safety Week from Monday 4 September until Friday 8 September 2017.
At five locations during the week the Council’s housing services team will be joined by local fire officers for a briefing on fire safety in the home. This will include firefighters visiting individual properties to check smoke alarms and advise on fire safety for individual families.
People will also be able to see an operational fire engine and the equipment it carries.
There will also be a poster design competition for children under 13 years old with a £20 gift card as a prize.
Havering Council Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Housing, Councillor Damian White, said: “Fire safety is a high priority for Havering Council and we work closely with London Fire Brigade to share information and advice.
“This week of activities is our latest joint initiative to inform residents about how they can reduce the risk of a fire affecting themselves and their neighbours so we hope a lot of people will come to each of these events.”
The events are open to any Havering resident wanting fire safety advice will be at:
- Monday 4 September, 3pm until 5pm, Napier House and New Plymouth House, Dunedin Road, Rainham, RM13 8LB
- Tuesday 5 September, 3pm until 5pm, PETRA TMO, Sunrise Avenue, Hornchurch, RM12 4YW
- Wednesday 6 September, 3pm until 5pm, Highfield Towers, Collier Row, RM5 3DQ
- Thursday 7 September, 2.30pm until 4.30pm, Cottons Court and Fambridge Court, Mark Road, Romford, RM7 7AN
- Friday 8 September, 3.30pm until 5pm, Royal Jubilee Court, Main Road, Romford RM2 5AN