Remembrance services to be held across the borough
Havering will mark Remembrance Sunday on 12 November with services held at war memorials and churches across the borough.
Services will take place at:
- Romford - parade at 10:30am, followed by a service at 10:55am in Coronation Gardens.
- Upminster - parade at 10:40am, followed by a service at the war memorial.
- Hornchurch - parade at 10:15am, followed by a service in St. Andrew’s Church.
- Elm Park – two-minute silence will be observed at Maylands Avenue outside the Royal British Legion, followed by a service at St. Nicholas Church, Woodcote Avenue.
- Harold Hill - two-minute silence will be observed at 11am by the war memorial, followed by a service at St. George's Church centre.
- Harold Wood - a short service will take place at 10:45am at Memorial Hall before a parade to St. Peter's Church for a service.
- Rainham - parade at 10:40am, followed by a service at the war memorial
- Ardleigh Green - parade at 10:15am, followed by a service at All Saints Church.
The borough will also mark Armistice Day with a service on Saturday 11 November at 10:45am outside Lloyds Bank in Market Place, Romford.
Councillor Roger Ramsey, Leader of the Council, said: “No one plays a greater role in keeping us safe than our Armed Forces and these services will give us a chance to remember these servicemen and women past and present.
“We should all be proud to stand as a community mark this significant occasion each November which highlights the sacrifices our Armed Forces have made.”