The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
With celebrations across the Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend (2 to 5 June 2022), this page lists events happening in Havering for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee as well as other information to help you celebrate.
Are you holding or going to a street party to celebrate? Guidance and useful tips can be found on our street party page.
We would love for you to share your pictures of your parties/celebrations with us and we will share these on our social media platforms.
You can do this by either submitting them to email@example.com or tagging us on social media @lbofhavering
You can find a digital map of the borough listing all the roads that will be closed for street parties on the Romford Recorder website.
Help us create a lasting memory of Havering’s celebrations by filming your celebrations
We are putting together a celebration film commemorating this historic occasion and all of the festivities taking place in Havering over the long weekend, and we need your help to capture the highlights from across our borough.
Send us footage from your jubilee celebrations and we’ll add the best to our celebratory Platinum Jubilee film complete with a credit at the end too!
The programme includes video production training for 30 young Havering residents as well as paid-for work experience for a lucky handful over the long Jubilee weekend, delivered by award-winning production company, Mediorite.
What you need to do to share your film
It couldn’t be easier to share your footage with us. You can do this by either:
- uploading to your social media account and using the #PlatinumHavering hashtag and tagging @lbofhavering
- sending footage to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Platinum Jubilee film’ in the subject title but remember, some files may be too big to send via email, so you may need to use a free transfer system like WeTransfer.
Please get your footage to us by 8 June 2022.
Things to remember when you film
- Include your details if you want a name check for your celebration on the commemorative film. For example, please include the name of your street or community group.
- Shoot your video in landscape, not portrait (hold your phone sideways like a TV screen).
- Films should be no shorter than 60 seconds, and no longer than 3 minutes in length.
- Please supply in either .mov or MP4 formats.
- Only include footage from public events and/or with the permissions of contributors or parents of contributors.
We cannot guarantee that your footage will be used in the final film but will make every effort to include as many as possible.
Terms and conditions of this filming
By submitting this content you give Havering council and partners permission to edit and share your content on our digital platforms including websites, social media platforms and their partner's digital channels as part of the borough's celebrations of the Queen's Platinum Jubilee.
You understand that we reserve the right to edit the content as we see fit and that you will receive no fee for your contribution.
Other ways to get involved
The official government platinum jubilee website features a fantastic toolkit, with lots of great ideas and alternative ways for you to get involved with the celebrations, including, fun activities, recipes and music playlists.
Free parking for the jubilee
Parking is free in all Council car parks and Pay and Display locations on 2 and 3 June 2022. Angel Way car park will be open between 9am and 6pm on those dates.