Havering is in a unique location.
As an outer London borough with borders into Essex, around 50 percent of Havering’s space is designated as parkland, making our borough one of the greenest in London.
Havering has a number of thriving towns, a proud community, excellent travel connections into London and Essex and has some great opportunities for businesses.
Havering is a fantastic place to live, work and visit.
Havering has an exciting regeneration agenda, to create even more places in our borough where people are proud to live and communities thrive.
Through our regeneration programmes we are:
- building modern, energy-efficient homes and well-connected neighbourhoods that are right for our borough
- providing new, high quality Council housing and increasing the amount of family-sized homes
- providing infrastructure to support new homes
- increasing opportunities for home ownership for Havering residents
- supporting healthy communities, fit for future generations
- supporting and investing in our local economy to create a thriving place
- protecting and celebrating our history and heritage
We are also committed to improving the existing housing stock that we have.
Read more here about our updated Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan, as part of our work with the Greater London Authority (GLA).