National lockdown rules apply. Stay at home. Go to our coronavirus information page

Covid 19 information for social care providers

Information for care providers, direct payment recipients and personal assistants. View the information

Handyperson services

The council provides a handyperson service, which is run by Age UK East London, to people aged over 60 or for those who have been a recent victim of house crime or domestic violence.

They can usually help with:

  • fitting safety measures eg grab rails or smoke alarms
  • home security eg door and window locks or door chains
  • small repairs

You will usually be referred for support from the handyperson service by a health or social care professional.

Ask Adult social care about help from a handyperson

How would you rate this page?

Rate this page

Thank you for rating this page.
You can also choose to leave us feedback.