Careers advice and employment
Havering Works is an innovative employment and skills service, provided by London Borough of Havering and part-funded by the European Social Fund. It offers free support for local residents looking to get back to work or explore future career opportunities.
Our services include:
- confidential one-to-one assessment of individual skills and training development needs
- guidance from a qualified personal mentor to help individuals develop an Action Plan with steps towards achieving work/training/Further or Higher Education aims
- job coaching and mentoring
- bespoke employer-led training like sector based training and work experience opportunities
- information on specialist agencies and other provision that offers additional and/or more specialist support
- matching transferable skills and experience to job vacancies
- job search support (CV review, help with job applications and interview preparation)
- support once individuals are in work
We can offer help if you are:
- unemployed and looking to start work or training
- working but want to improve your prospects or even change careers
- interested in talking through career options whether you are just starting out in or returning to the job market
Please complete the referral form if you wish to recommend individuals within your network for employability and career support. We would be happy to get in touch to discuss outreach activities at your location, we also endeavour to provide feedback about each individual’s progression.
Want some more information about how we can help you? Please get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the team on 01708 434456.