Havering in Bloom 2020 competition
The annual ‘Havering in Bloom’ competition is now open and you are invited to enter the six categories listed below.
There is something for everyone, from growing a single sunflower to working together with neighbours on bringing a communal garden to life.
By taking part, you will be helping to make the borough a bright and attractive place to live, work, visit and go to school.
The 6 categories
- Best Communal Garden - A garden, patio or frontage of a building where the displays have been created for the shared benefit of others including visitors or residents. This category includes community centres.
- Best Allotment Plot - Awarded to the best plot.
- Best Front Garden - Including container garden or hanging basket display.
- Best Back Garden - Including container garden or hanging basket display.
- Best Hanging Basket - Awarded to the best hanging basket.
- Tallest Sunflower - Awarded to the tallest sunflower (please state how tall in centimetres or feet/inches).
How to enter
Entry is free and there are voucher prizes for the top three in each category with £50 for the winner, £25 for the second place and £15 for third place.
Email InBloom@havering.gov.uk, Each digital photo entered must be saved with your first and last name and the category you are entering.
The closing date for entries is 18 September 2020. Judging will then take place at the end of September, and the winners will be announced during October.
To keep everyone safe and to follow coronavirus measures, judging will take place using the digital photos submitted.
If you have any queries or wish to send your pictures via email, please contact InBloom@havering.gov.uk