Fireworks sale licence

The Manufacture and Storage of Explosives Regulations 2005 has been replaced by Explosives Regulations 2014, applications for a licence for the storage of explosives/fireworks must be made on a licence application form which will need to be completed and submitted to the London Borough of Havering Licensing Section.

You are advised that storage of explosives/fireworks without the appropriate licence could constitute a criminal offence.

Apply for a fireworks sale and storage licence

Apply for a fireworks storage licence

Fees - Licence fees can be found on the Health and Safety Executive website

Fireworks storage licence

The government's fireworks safety campaign provides guidance leaflets and materials for organisers of firework displays for the public, retailers selling fireworks, schools and the media, including the Firework Safety Code.

Professionally organised displays are regulated by the Health and Safety Executive who publish booklets on:

  • Storage of Fireworks
  • Fireworks Safety
  • Giving your own firework display
  • Working together

These are aimed at organisers of events where a professional firework display company fires the display, and available from Health and Safety Executive Books.

Further information regarding the current legislation can be found on the Health and Safety Executive website.

Retailers selling fireworks must hold a licence with the London Borough of Havering Licensing Section, who work with Trading Standards who investigate problems with unsafe products.


Related page