Anyone aged 12 years or over who fishes for salmon, trout, freshwater fish or eels in England and Wales must have an Environment Agency Rod Fishing Licence.

A rod licence is required by law and entitles the licensee to use a rod and line to fish.

Rod licences are issued by the Environment Agency. They differ from permits (often referred to as tickets or day tickets) which give permission to fish a particular water or waters and are issued by fishery owners, angling clubs and so on.

Rod licences can be purchased from any Post Office in England and Wales or you may apply online.

Apply for a rod fishing licence on the GOV.UK website

Designated fishing areas in Havering 

  • Bedfords Park
  • Bretons Outdoor Recreation Centre
  • Dagnam Park
  • Hornchurch Country Park
  • Parklands Outdoor Space
  • Raphael Park

Please refer to the park bylaws for all terms and conditions.

If you require any further information please contact us at

Parks and Open Spaces
The Stableblock,
Langtons House,
Billet Lane,
RM11 1XJ