You can tell us about a move up to four weeks in advance.

Your new Council Tax bill will start from the completion date or your tenancy start date.

If you own or rent the property you will need to provide:

  • full names of all occupants over 18
  • start date of tenancy/completion date
  • forwarding address of previous occupants/solicitor’s details

If you have left the property:

  • your forwarding address
  • the new owner, tenants or landlord’s name 

Tell us you are moving

If you have to notify us that someone has passed away so we can sort out their Council Tax please follow the instructions on our deaths page

If you are a landlord or estate agents you can use our Change of private tenancy (agents or landlords) form.