Moving home

AlertCouncil tax online services

Please be aware that due to planned maintenance The Council tax online portal will be unavailable from 1pm on Friday 24 February until Monday morning.

You can still check your balance and make online payments using our online payment system.

You can tell us about a move up to four weeks in advance.

Your new bill will start from the completion date or your tenancy start date.

If you own or rent the property you will need to provide:

  • full names of all occupants over 18
  • start date of tenancy/completion date
  • forwarding address of previous occupants/solicitor’s details

If you have left the property:

  • your forwarding address
  • the new owner, tenants or landlord’s name 

This application form is temporarily unavailable due to maintenance. Please try again on Monday 27 February.

You can find information on how to tell us someone has passed away here.

If you are a landlord or estate agents you can use our Tenancy agreement upload form.