Your online Council Tax account
In your online Council Tax account you can:
- check your account balance
- set up a Direct Debit
- sign up for e-billing
- view your bills (from 1 January 2019 onwards)
- tell us you've moved address
- apply for a discount
- request an arrangement.
The button below will open a new window or tab so you can refer back to this page for help.
Once you have registered you will be able to activate and use your Council Tax account.
How to activate and use your Council Tax online account in MyHavering
- Once registered for MyHavering you can log in and then select the blue Council Tax button from the dashboard.
- Click "Add Service".
- Click the "Add" button under Council Tax - it should turn green.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Confirm".
- Enter your account reference number. This will be on your Council Tax bill or bank statement next to payments to us. It starts with a 5 and is usually 9 digits long and click access now.
- You then need to add some personal details. Once you have entered enough information a blue box appears at the top of the screen saying you have given enough information to continue.
- Click "next" and you will see a screen saying you have successfully subscribed.
- You may be offered the chance to sign up for e-billing which you can do or you can click "not now".
Please note if you do not have enough information to access your account as mentioned in point 6 above, we can send you a PIN to log on with but this can take up to three weeks.
If you would like to make a payment straight away, you do not have to log on. Please go to our pay the Council page and select 'Pay Council Tax'.
If you have completed all the steps above, or if you have received a PIN and have entered it, you should now see your basic account details like the last payment and reference number.
You can then access your full account by clicking "show details". Here you can sign up for e-billing, look at your payment history, tell us you're moving, request an arrangement and apply for, or cancel, a discount.