Insuring your home

Havering Council insure the structure of your home but the cover doesn’t include what’s inside it, such as your furniture and personal belongings.

Replacing the contents of your home could prove very expensive so, by purchasing Tenants Contents Insurance, this means your personal belongings are insured against events including: 

  • fire
  • theft
  • flooding / Escape of water
  • accidental damage

Havering Council work with the UK's largest insurer to offer home contents insurance that can be paid in weekly instalments.

Unlike some insurance policies, there are no excesses so you will not have to pay anything in the event of a claim.

Apply for home contents insurance

Below is the Important Information (including premiums) regarding this cover and to review a summary of the cover:

Acceptance restrictions may apply for conviction and claims experience.

The policy is inderwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Aviva Insurance Limited, Registered in Scotland Number 2116. Registered Office: Pitheavlis, Perth PH2 0NH. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.

How would you rate this page?

Rate this page

Thank you for rating this page.
You can also choose to leave us feedback.