Insuring your home

We strongly advise all our council tenants and leaseholders to take out household contents insurance.

You can do this either through our scheme or by making your own private arrangements.

Our home contents insurance scheme

The responsibility for insuring your home is yours. You can make your own arrangements or join our exclusive insurance scheme for Havering's council tenants and leaseholders.

The scheme can be paid weekly with your rent (for tenants). Leaseholders must pay by Direct Debit.

We do not insure your furniture, belongings or decorations against theft, fire, vandalism and burst pipes.

Find out more about our home contents insurance scheme 

How would you rate this page?

Rate this page

Thank you for rating this page.
You can also choose to leave us feedback.