Sheltered homes providing extra care
What is extra care housing?
Extra care housing schemes provide a higher level of support than traditional sheltered housing.
An extra care housing scheme is a group of flats built on the same site, providing specialised accommodation with care and support services on hand 24 hours a day.
How are they different to care homes?
- you have your own self-contained homes
- you have legal rights to live there
- couples are able to stay together
- you can come and go as you choose, in the same way you would if living in the community
- the provision of care and support is separated from the provision of accommodation
Apply for a referral
Council lettings team - Phone 01708 434130 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday)