School Place Planning and Provision
As strategic commissioner, the London Borough of Havering has a statutory responsibility to monitor the supply and demand for places and ensure there is sufficient capacity to meet demand by planning for growth.
The School Organisation and Place Planning is the council’s service area that ensures that Havering meets this function. The team has the statutory responsibility for long-term planning for early years, Primary & secondary, post-16 and SEN places in Havering.
Within our page you will find information on the Childcare Sufficiency Report, Commissioning plan for education provision 2019-2023 and the School planning data pack.
The areas we cover:
- Education provision place planning function, including the review of early years and school places, expansion and rationalisation programmes.
- Leads on Havering’s Education Provision Strategy, contributing to planning and implementation of major projects, including the Primary and Secondary school expansion programme.
- The provision of annual forecasts of pupil numbers to schools.
- Working with Education Asset and Technical services on the development and delivery of the schools expansion programme.
- Liaison with planning department regarding proposed new housing developments, and supports negotiations with developers in line with the adopted developer contribution guidelines to contribute towards meeting the cost of providing additional school places.
- Helping schools and Academies to make organisational change including supporting Academy conversions.
- Developing new schools; through managing the school competition arrangements, including liaison with Free Schools and Academies.
- Liaison with the Diocesan authorities and other relevant bodies.
Commissioning Plan for Education Provision
The council has published the final four year rolling plan of its Commissioning plan strategy to ensure there is sufficient capacity to meet demand for early years, primary, secondary, post-16 and special school places in Havering.
The plan sets out how we will carry out our statutory duty to:
- ensure sufficient places of high quality, in the right places for all learners
- raise education standards
- be the champion of children and their families in securing good quality early years, primary, secondary, post-16, special school and alternative education places across the borough
View the Commissioning plan for education provision 2019-2023
School Planning Data Pack
The data pack provides information on all our schools, school roll projections as well as birth data in Havering.
View the school planning data pack
Childcare Sufficiency Report
The Childcare Act 2006 placed duties on all local authorities to secure sufficient childcare, so far as is reasonably practicable, for working parents or parents who are studying or training for employment, for children aged 0‐14 (or up to 18 for disabled children).
For further information please complete an enquiry form.