What to do if there are Covid 19 outbreaks in the workplace
As an employer you may be informed of a confirmed case of Covid 19 by NHS Test and Trace, an employee, customer or your local Public Health England Health Protection Team (PHE HPT).
When you are informed of more than one confirmed case speak to your local PHE HPT for help and advice.
For Havering this is the London Coronavirus Response Cell (LCRC): 0300 303 0450 firstname.lastname@example.org
The LCRC will work with you to assess the risks and advise you of what actions to take.
Please read the NHS Test and Trace: workplace guidance for further advice.
Early Covid 19 outbreak management for businesses and workplaces
Public Health England (PHE) has created a series of ‘Test and Trace early Outbreak Management’ action cards.
These are targeted to business types and provide information for businesses on what they can expect from PHE and what they would be required to do should an outbreak occur.
The Action Cards are designed to be printed or downloaded to keep on-hand in your business or organisation.
The sectors the action cards cover
- Arts, heritage and cultural venues
- Cinemas, theatres, comedy venues and music venues
- Construction and outdoor work
- Dress fitters, tailors and fashion designers
- Hairdressing, barbershops, beauty and nail bars, makeup, and tattoo and spray tanning studios
- Manufacturing of food and other large processing plants
- Restaurants, pubs, bars, cafes or takeaways
- Shops and branches
- Spas, sports and massage therapy, wellbeing and holistic centres