Making a benefit claim
If you are making a new claim for Housing Benefit and your Job Centre is in Romford, Brentwood, Barking, Grays or Thurrock you need to make a claim for Universal Credit instead.
You can still claim Housing Benefit if
- you have three or more children
- are of Pension Credit age
- live in Specified Accommodation (care, support and supervision provided)
- you are in temporary accommodation (see important information below)
IMPORTANT - If you are already in receipt of Universal Credit and are placed into temporary accommodation by Havering Housing Services, you must inform the DWP immediately as you will need to claim your housing costs through Housing Benefit. Please make your claim using the link above.
Council Tax Support
For financial help with your Council Tax you must make a claim with the Local authority that you live in.
If you live in Havering and
- have a liability to pay Council Tax
- are aged over 18
- are working age and have less than £6,000 capital *
- are of pensionable age and have less than £16,000 capital*
(*except those in receipt of a qualifying state benefit)