How benefit payments are made

Housing Benefit

Normally we pay Housing Benefit direct to the tenant but sometimes we will pay your landlord, please see the local housing aallowance safeguard policy for more information.

Payments are made in arrears and are normally made fortnightly to tenants, four weekly to landlords.

If you rent from the Council the rent is paid directly into your rent account.

Your payments may be capped or reduced because you have a spare bedroom.

A further reduction may be made for other adults living with you.

Council Tax Support

Council Tax Support is paid direct to your Council Tax account. For information about Council Tax Support, please see the Havering local council tax support scheme 2017-18.


How would you rate this page?

Rate this page

Thank you for rating this page.
You can also choose to leave us feedback.