Council tax and benefits online accounts - Planned maintenance

Due to planned maintenance, you will not be able to access your Council tax and benefits online accounts from 12noon on Friday 23 February until 10am on Monday 26 February. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Benefits - tell us about changes

You are responsible for telling us about any changes to your income or household details as they may affect your benefit. Tell us straight away if any changes occur or you may lose out on benefit.

If you have a change and it turns out you aren't entitled to money you have been paid it will create an overpayment and you will need to pay the money back.

Did you know you can view you're current entitlement and what we base your benefits on by logging into your housing benefit account?

Money and benefits

Income changes you must tell us about:

  • income and savings changes for you or your partner
  • stop receiving any benefit from the DWP.
  • start receiving a new benefit or change from one type of benefit to another.
  • receiving more or less income from any source such as a pension.
  • stopping or starting work.
  • your income or savings going up or down.
  • your savings and capital go over £16,000 if you are receiving housing benefit £6,000 if you are receiving
  • changes to the income of any non-dependants in your household

Tell us you’re income has changed

People in your home

Household changes you must tell us about:

  • if anyone moves in or vacates your home such as a partner, lodger or new born child
  • if a family member turns 16, 18, 19 or 25 years of age
  • if your status changes eg. you and your partner are no longer a couple or start to live with a household member as a couple.

Moving home in Havering

If you are moving within the borough of Havering please tell us.

Tell us you are moving in Havering

Newly moved to Havering

If you are new to the borough of Havering you will need to make a new claim.

Make a claim for housing benefit or Council tax support 

If you fail to tell us about changes or provide false information you may have to pay us money back and you could be prosecuted. Any delay in telling us about a change may mean you lose benefit.

How would you rate this page?

Rate this page

Thank you for rating this page.
You can also choose to leave us feedback.