If you have an unexpected emergency expense you may be able to get help.
Citizen's advice offer information on:
- help for one-off expenses – the Social Fund
- help with the costs of a new baby - maternity grants
- funeral payments
- cold weather payments
- community care grants and welfare schemes
- budgeting loans
- crisis loans and welfare schemes
- advance payment of benefit
- discrimination and the Social Fund
Emergency Assistance Scheme
This scheme provides genuine support to the most financially vulnerable people in Havering.
The food banks work with frontline care agencies that identify people in crisis and issue them with a food bank voucher.
There are three food banks in the borough.
Liberty Credit Union
Liberty credit union is a community-based savings and loans organisation, open to anyone who lives or works in the borough.