Benefit information for landlords

Housing Benefit payments made directly to landlords

Under special circumstances we can arrange for housing benefit payments to be made directly to you.

Your tenant is required to raise this request online so we can consider the problems they may have making the payments to the landlord.

The local housing allowance safeguard policy provides further information.

What to do if your tenant is in arrears

If your tenant builds up eight weeks rent arrears we can also pay Housing Benefit to you.

Evidence must be provided to show your tenant is in arrears. Please complete the online form below.

Rent in arrears form for landlords

MyHavering landlord's portal

If you receive Housing Benefit payments for your tenant you can register for MyHavering and be able to see when you will next get a payment and how much it will be.

There is also additional information on the claim.

Read more about the landlord's portal

Universal Credit and rented housing

Universal Credit is replacing Housing Benefit for Working Age claimants.

Read more on Universal Credit and rent payment to Landlords.

How would you rate this page?

Rate this page

Thank you for rating this page.
You can also choose to leave us feedback.