Havering Council systems maintenance on Sunday 20 January

Online payments, planning searches, phones and some of our other systems will experience some disruption between 8am and 12noon on Sunday 20 January while we carry out essential maintenance. Please do try again after 12noon if you experience issues. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Planning your ceremony

AlertLangtons House redecoration

Langtons House marriage rooms and hall are currently being redecorated and are closed for viewings. The viewings of the rooms will start again from 11 February 2019.

Decide which type of ceremony

The first step in planning your wedding or civil partnership is to decide what type of ceremony you would like - a civil ceremony or a church ceremony.​

Select a venue

Once you have chosen the type of ceremony that you would like you will need to select a suitable venue.

  • For religious weddings you will need to contact your local church or place of worship
  • for civil weddings and civil partnerships take a look at Langtons House and Grand Hall, you can also book at one of our approved venues in Havering
  • for ceremonies abroad you will need to contact the venue for further information. Some countries may ask for a Certificate of No Impediment. Contact your wedding planner/travel agent or embassy/consulate for the country you want to marry in for the requirements. More information can be found on the gov.uk website.

Choose a date

Next you need to book the date and time of your cerem​ony​.

If you decide to use Langtons then you will be required to pay a non-refundable deposit of £100 in order to secure your ceremony.

You can make this payment by debit card. Other venues in the borough may have different charges and payment methods.

Remember you must book notice of marriage before you can get married.

Full list of registration fees

How would you rate this page?

Rate this page

Thank you for rating this page.
You can also choose to leave us feedback.