Same sex marriages and civil partnerships

Those couples not in an existing legal relationship can now give notice of marriage (which is the legal process to apply for a licence for marriage).

Same sex marriage can be booked to take place at Langtons House​ or any licensed venue.

Notice of marriage must be given a minimum of 28 days before the ceremony date but can be given up to a year in advance.

Conversions and couples already in an existing legal relationship

Couples currently in a civil partnership will be able to convert this into a marriage, if they wish.

Please Email for details.

Civil partnerships for opposite sex couples

The Civil Partnerships (Opposite-sex Couples) Regulations 2019, which extended eligibility for forming civil partnerships to opposite sex couples, were approved in Parliament on 5 November 2019.

The regulations will come into force on 2 December 2019.

Registration authorities can now take or confirm bookings for couples to give notice from 2 December 2019 which will allow first civil partnerships under the standard procedure to be formed from 31 December 2019.

To book a notice of civil partnership please visit our notice page.

To book a ceremony please email or call us on 01708 433155.

Commemorative certificates

Commemorative certificates are available for civil partnership ceremonies at a cost of £10.

How would you rate this page?

Rate this page

Thank you for rating this page.
You can also choose to leave us feedback.