Nationality checking service
Havering's Registration Service offer a Joint Citizenship & Passport service to citizens wishing to apply for British Citizenship and UK Passport.
Customers who use our Joint Citizenship and Passport Service are now also able to apply for their UK passport at the same time as their citizenship application. This new easier more efficient service has been developed in partnership with the Home Office. If your citizenship application is successful and your attendance is confirmed at one of our ceremonies, your new passport will be dispatched to your home.
Registrars who are trained and registered with the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISCO) will thoroughly check applications for British Citizenship and passport application; they will also copy and certify original documentation for a small fee.
This service is currently only available Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday. All applicants wishing to use this service who are aged over 15 must attend their appointment in person.
Nationality checking service fees and booking
- Single Adult: £82.00
- Child: £52.00
What you need to know about this service
JCAP is provided to check and accept citizenship applications. The service does not speed up the processing of your application or imply that your application will be successful.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that they fully meet the requirements for citizenship. The Local Authority cannot give nationality advice. Applicants who need immigration/nationality advice should go to an OISC registered immigration/nationality advisor before applying. The Local Authority bear no responsibility whatsoever for the outcome of the application.
Appointment and fee information
- The fee for your appointment is paid at the time of booking, and is non-refundable. By making an appointment you are authorising us to carry out any necessary work before your appointment.
- Your appointment fee is paid to London Borough of Havering Council for using the JCAP service.
- The fee paid to the Home Office for your application is separate, and does not include the appointment fee for this service.
- Fees cannot be refunded if you fail to keep your appointment, or if your application does not meet the requirements to be forwarded to the Home Office.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late for your appointment, it will not be possible to see you and you will have to book a new appointment and pay the appointment fee.
- All applicants over 18 must attend an appointment in person, and must complete the application form before the appointment and attend with all supporting documents, ready for processing from the officers.
- If you wish to move your appointment, you must give a least 3 working days’ notice by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are required to make a second appointment for your application, you will need to pay a fee for a second appointment.
- If further documents are required, and these have not been produced within 1 month from the date of your appointment, any documents photocopied by the NCS advisor will be destroyed (you may however wish to collect your application form).
Application form guidance
Applications are made using the standard British Passport application form. This must be completed prior to attending your appointment. These are available from the Post Office.
Filling out the form guide
- Applicants should complete sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 (if applicable) and 9 of the passport application form. They do not need to complete section 10 nor have the 2 photographs certified. Details of referees will be collected as part of the citizenship application.
- You need to bring in three photographs. The photographs submitted with both applications must be identical (i.e. from the same sitting) and comply with the photo standards as described in the accompanying guidance. The applicant’s name should be written on the back of one photograph.
- Section 1: Any applicant within 6 months of their 16th birthday at the time of application must attend the appointment in person.
- Section 2: Please do not enter a mobile phone number in section 2 of the application form. Please enter it in Section 8 instead.
- Section 4: Grandparents’ details are not required. The payment mandate on page 25 of the Application guidance must be completed, but do not fill in the barcode section. Please ensure that the security number of the card is entered in the appropriate box