The welfare rights unit
We no longer run the Adult Social Care Welfare Unit so please contact see the following for advice to help you.
Citizens Advice Havering – 0300 330 2179 – Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 10am to 12.30pm, Tuesday 10am to 4pm and Thursday 1pm to 3.30pm.
Peabody – 01708 776770
There are also a number of other services that can help including Turn2Us and Entitledto (a benefits calculator).
Please also see our financial help and advice page.
We have also put together guides relating to some of the above benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payment and Attendance Allowance
- Attendance Allowance
- Attendance Allowance for people with sight loss
- Personal Independence Payment
- Carers Allowance
- Benefits and Tax Credits for people with disabilities and their carers
- Disability Living Allowance for children under the age of 16
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Tax Credits
- Benefits for people living with dementia over state pension age
- Benefits for people living with dementia under state pension age
- Capital Limits