Advice on paying for care
You may want to get independent financial advice to help you plan for the cost of care and understand the options available to you.
There are different organisations and services that can give you general financial advice, including local and national charities.
When choosing an adviser make sure:
- they are qualified and experienced in the type of advice you need
- you know how the advice is paid for
- you know what the cost is and what’s included in the cost
- that you fully understand the terms of any agreement with the adviser
- Find an independent financial advisor
- Get online financial advice from the money advice service
- Financial advice from SOLLA (Society of later life advisers)
If you are getting a chargeable service then you will be asked to take a financial assessment to establish your liability towards your care fees.