Because of government guidance on coronavirus a number of our buildings are now closed and events listed on our site are subject to change or cancellation. Changes to council services, advice and support we can provide, the latest local news and links to Government advice is available on our dedicated coronavirus information page. Go to our coronavirus information page

Covid 19 information for social care providers

Information for care providers, direct payment recipients and personal assistants. View the information

Advice on paying for care

You may want to get independent financial advice to help you plan for the cost of care and understand the options available to you.

There are different organisations and services that can give you general financial advice, including local and national charities.

When choosing an adviser make sure:

  • they are qualified and experienced in the type of advice you need
  • you know how the advice is paid for
  • you know what the cost is and what’s included in the cost
  • that you fully understand the terms of any agreement with the adviser

Find an independent financial advisor

Get online financial advice from the money advice service

Financial advice from SOLLA (Society of later life advisers)

How would you rate this page?

Rate this page

Thank you for rating this page.
You can also choose to leave us feedback.