Allied Healthcare statement

Allied Healthcare has advised us that they are under new ownership from 30 November 2018. This means residents who have been receiving services from their valued home care workforce will continue to do so. Find out more by reading our full statement

Mobile meal deliveries for Havering residents - Changes to the Sodexo service

Residents affected by the change-over in mobile meals provider Sodexo can contact the Council for advice and support. Sodexo, which has been delivering meals to residents since 2016, stopped providing meals on Friday, 30 November 2018. A number of residents who have moved to the new provider Aki Catering have been experiencing difficulties. If you’ve been affected and need support, please contact 01708 434656, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. For any emergency situations between 5pm and 9am or over the weekend, please contact our out of hours service on 01708 433999.

Help with making decisions

If you need help making decisions and dealing with an organisation why not ask a friend or relative.

If they are going to deal with an organisation for you, you will need to inform the organisation.

This can be verbally if you are with your friend or relative, otherwise it may need to be in writing.

Each organisation may have different requirements so it is best to check with them.

If you don’t want to, or can’t, ask a friend or a family to help you with dealing with organisations you can get help from an advocate.

Sometimes people can officially make decisions on your behalf. These are sometimes known as appointees and deputies.

If you need independent advice on paying for care there is information on our paying for care page.

For information on power of attorney visit the website

For information on end of life care or advanced decisions visit the NHS website

How would you rate this page?

Rate this page

Thank you for rating this page.
You can also choose to leave us feedback.