Online services maintenance on Sunday 24 September 2023

Between 8am and 7pm on Sunday 24 September a number of online systems such as your Council Tax account, planning searches, committee meeting papers and the My Havering account area will be unavailable because of essential maintenance. A number of our online forms will also be unavailable. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Street lighting (including illuminated signs and bollards)

It is our responsibility to maintain street lights on the public highway.

This includes lights on street signs and in road bollards.

The local electricity company, UK Power Networks is responsible for the power supply to these lights, however, you can still report faults in the power supply to us and we'll pass it on to UK Power Networks.

Report a problem with a street light

Do you think it is an emergency? Check to see if it is and find out what to do

If it is not an emergency, please select the type of light that has an issue from the options below. You will then be able to select the type of issue and fill in a form to report it to us. 

You will need a My Havering account to make the report.

Reporting to us on your phone? Get our Love Havering app.

Using the map in the form

  1. You can move the pin around the map.
  2. Locations of lights near the pin will then appear as green circles.
  3. Click on a green circle to select that light.
  4. A box with information about the light such as the unit number will appear.
  5. Click on 'Select' and then 'Close' to close the box which in turn confirms the light you are reporting.
  6. The light you are reporting will have turned from a green circle to a yellow one.

Sign with a lightLit bollard

Faulty sign eg light flashing

Damaged sign eg cover broken

Faulty bollard eg light flashing

Damaged bollard eg cover broken

Subway lighting

Faulty eg light flashing

Damaged eg cover broken

Crossing beacon light and zebra crossing

Faulty eg light flashing

Damaged eg cover broken





Pedestrian crossings

For crossings that do not have pedestrian-operated lights, you can report damaged poles, light fittings or broken bulbs using one of the options above.

Minor faults and bulb replacement will normally be taken care of within seven days.

Power supply problems have to be dealt with by EDF. This can take up to 4 months.

If the lights at pedestrian crossings are not working you will need to report the problem to the correct organisation and this is listed on the crossing. Push-button controlled pedestrian crossing lights, for example, are maintained by Transport for London (TfL).

UK Power Networks reported faults map

Some faults are caused by a power supply problem to the light, bollard or sign. 

In those cases we pass the fault information on to UK Power Networks, who are responsible for fixing the power supply problem. 

View a map of current power supply faults reported to UK Power Networks.

How would you rate this page?

Rate this page

Thank you for rating this page.
You can also choose to leave us feedback.