Apply for a taxi discount card
The Taxicard scheme allows people with disabilities to use black cabs at reduced fares. You must be unable to use public transport because of a permanent disability.
The Taxicard scheme provides transport for those who are chronically disabled so they can make social trips out.
It must not be used to provide transport for hospital or clinic appointments.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible, you must have one of the following.
- receive the Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living allowance
- receive 8 points or more for the moving around activity component of PIP (Personal Independence Payment)
- be registered severely sight impaired / blind
- receive a War Pension Mobility Supplement
If you do not have any of the above, but have significant difficulties, you can still apply for the Taxicard, but your application form will be assessed by us to check the eligibility.
For further information on eligibility visit the London Taxicard scheme website.
To join the scheme you must:
- be able to use ordinary black taxis
- have access to a telephone or have internet access (to book taxis)
- be resident in one of the participating London boroughs
Apply for a Taxi Card
- read the Taxicard guidance notes
- download and complete the Taxi card application form (London Councils form)
- fill the Taxicard additional information form online in then print and send it with the application form to London Councils address: London Council Taxicard Application, 68 - 74 Holderness Road, Hull, HU9 1ED.
You will also need to complete and return the additional information form.
The scheme is not available to people who suffer from temporary disabilities such as a broken leg.
If you already have a Freedom Pass
You can surrender your Freedom Pass and use the Taxicard only for 104 trips a year or keep your Freedom Pass and get a maximum of 36 Taxicard trips.