Our current fleet has:
- 76 seater Double Decker Bus
- 40 seater Bus with tail lift
- 34 seater Bus with tail lift
- 32 seater Bus with tail lift
- 24 seater Bus with tail lift
- 16 seater Bus with tail lift
- 16 seater Mini Bus
- 15 seater Bus with tail lift
- 1 Luton van with tail lift
Please note vehicles over 16 seats are only available for hire with a driver, vehicles under 16 seats are available to self drive with a valid driving assessment test to council employees or affiliated groups.
All passenger vehicles are accessible to wheelchair users. Most have removable seats to accommodate a number of wheelchair users (15-40 seat buses) all of which carry clamps/wheelchair securing systems.
The removal of seats to accommodate wheelchairs reduces the seating capacity. As a general rule the following applies (obviously this is dependent on the size of the wheelchairs):
- 1 Wheelchair = 4 seats lost
- 2 Wheelchairs = 6 seats lost
- 3 wheelchairs = 10 seats lost
- 15-40 seat buses are fitted with lap and diagonal seatbelts, these seatbelts are fully adjustable, and do not require booster seats to comply with the latest EU regulations.
- 76 seat double decker buses are fitted with lap belts(may require booster seats to comply with regulations).
- 15-40 seat buses are also fitted with wheelchair fixings (including the latest 5 point harness fixing) and floors have been tested to M2 standard.
- all vehicles have an assigned mobile phone
- we have 24/7 breakdown cover and fleet backup. All buses have 8 weekly inspections in our on site workshop
- all of our drivers have also attended advanced driving courses and the majority are PCV trained
- we pay close attention to drivers hours rules (with independent analysis by the Freight Transport Association) and you can be assured that our drivers will take their breaks to comply with the drivers hours rules
All of our drivers and escorts are police checked and all have attended courses in:
- safe guarding
- drivers CPC (drivers only)
- basic first aid
- disability awareness
- manual handling
- fire evacuation
- wheelchair restraints
- challenging behaviour