Requests for the removal of an enforcement notice
Removing or requesting formal confirmation of compliance with an enforcement notice
A further discretionary service is available is to request written confirmation that a planning enforcement notice, of any age, has been complied with.
There are two options.
To request written confirmation that a planning enforcement notice has been complied with or has no effect on the current date, the fee is £167.
To request written confirmation that a planning enforcement notice has been complied with and withdrawal of the notice from the land charges register and the website, the fee is £955.
VAT does not apply on either fee the amount stated is the total amount to be paid.
Please note that notices would normally only be withdrawn from registers if we are satisfied that there is no possibility that the breach could recur.
Please make sure you include the details of your request including:
- the full address and postcode of the property
- any previous name or address the land was known as
- attach the notice attached to the land
- describe the action taken to achieve compliance and the date at which compliance was achieved
- attach copies of any relevant documentation
- state a list of dates you will be available for a site visit
- provide as many photos as necessary of the current status of the land for our assessment
If you have a copy of the notice please attach it as this can speed up the process.
You will need to ring up the Havering Planning Department and pay the fee over the phone.
Further details of any requirements will be given once you email us and you will be given a reference number to quote when you pay the required fee.
The number to call at that point is 01708 433100.