Collier Row Recreation Ground
Collier Row was in agricultural use until the 1930s and the name refers to the charaol burners who lived here when the hills beyond Romford were wooded.
Soon after the area began to be developed for housing, the Council purchased land for use as a public recreation ground.
Collier Row Recreation Ground opened in 1935. New facilities were opened in 2006 providing a play area for young children and teenagers.
Collier Row Road, Collier Row RM4 2BD
There is no car park on site.
You can reach the park via bus routes 247 and 294.
Times vary throughout the year depending on the season but the park is closed approximately at dusk and opened by 8am.
Land was acquired for a public recreation ground by the local council and opened in 1935 - soon after, the area began to be developed for housing.
Collier Row was in agricultural use until the 1930s and the name refers to the charcoal burners who lived here when the hills beyond Romford were wooded. The site links in the north to Collier Row Green Link, a narrow area of grassland running alongside the River Rom, which also runs through the Recreation Ground.
New play areas were provided in 2006 for children and young people in the Collier Row area, funded by Havering Council at a cost of £100,000. The Council's Parks Service worked closely with the local community to develop the facilities.
The new play area for children of pre-school age up to 12 years old contains a wide range of equipment, including toddler and junior swings, a storm and nursery rhymes multi-play system, a revolution inclusive roundabout, a glow worm seesaw, a cockerel bounce-about, a fun trail, toadstool seats, litter bins, a bench and a picnic table.
The teenage area features a large ball court for football and basketball, a teen shelter, spinning disc and relaxation seating area.
Well equipped play area in the south of the park.
Multi-use games area.
There is no outdoor gym available on this site.
There are toilet facilities at the social club.