Havering Town Hall, Public Advice and Service Centre (PASC) and Mercury House closed

In order to follow Government directives on staying at home and social distancing, and to make sure Council staff can continue to offer the best possible service to the public, Havering Town Hall and the Public Advice and Service Centre (along with Mercury House) are closed. Buildings will remain accessible to staff on a strictly limited basis. Contact us

Suspension of Council, Cabinet, committee meetings and Mayor's engagements

The decision has been taken to suspend all meetings of Council, Cabinet and committees with immediate effect for a period of six weeks. Read more

Register to vote

Everyone is responsible for registering themselves to vote.

You will not automatically be registered to vote by other contact you have with the Council, such as when you register for Council tax.

You must register again if you’ve changed address, name or nationality.

Register to vote on the GOV.UK website

If you know someone who can't register to vote online, we can send them a paper registration form. 

Please email us at elections@havering.gov.uk giving their name and address. 

The electoral register is only updated at certain times of the year, generally the first working day of every month, apart from October and November. Please be aware these are strict legal deadlines which we are unable to change.

Why Register?

  • you must be on the electoral register to vote in future elections and referendums
  • by law, you must respond to an invitation to register to vote or you could be fined up to £80
  • if you are not on the register you may find it harder to get a loan, mortgage, finance agreement, or even a mobile phone contract as the register is used by credit reference agencies

Who can register?

You can register to vote if you are:

  • 16 or older, although you can't vote until you're 18
  • a British citizen, or
  • an Irish, qualifying Commonwealth, or European Union citizen living in the UK

View the list of qualifying Commonwealth or European countries

Support for people with learning disabilities

Mencap and the Cabinet office have worked together to give guidance on voting and registering for people with learning disabilities, their support workers and families.

Visit the Mencap website

Check if you're registered to vote

If you live in Havering, and you're not sure if you're registered to vote, you can complete our online form.

Check if you're registered to vote

If you need official confirmation, for example for a loan, you can request this by emailing elections@havering.gov.uk with your name, address and the addresses you would like confirmation for.

We will need to see two forms of ID. 

Once we receive your email we will let you know the next steps.

Fraud prevention

We have a duty to protect the public funds we administer and may use information that you provide for the prevention and detection of fraud. We may also share this information with other organisations responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes. Read more about the use of data.

How would you rate this page?

Rate this page

Thank you for rating this page.
You can also choose to leave us feedback.