Schemes on offer for private sector landlords
We want to build on the existing strong working relationships with private sector landlords and have a list of local people ready to move into private rented sector properties.
As a private landlord, you can benefit from letting your property to people who are looking for a home and have approached us for housing assistance.
We are currently looking for new properties under the 'Find Your Own Scheme'.
Find Your Own Scheme
The Find Your Own Scheme gives people an opportunity to find a home in the private rented sector in a location of their choice.
Through this scheme you can receive:
- one month's rent and one month's deposit
- use of our vetting process to make sure tenants are eligible to rent
- a dedicated support and advice for any tenancy-related matters
- the incentive payment is made directly to the landlord or managing agent
All we ask in return is that you:
- make your property available to our applicant who has found the property
- provide an Assured Shorthold Tenancy
- charge local housing allowance rate rent for the area
You will need to provide:
- proof of property ownership
- an energy performance certificate (EPC)
- a gas safety certificate
- an electrical safety certificate
- evidence of a carbon monoxide alarm (if appropriate)
- a copy of the signed tenancy agreement
If you would like more information on any of our schemes, please contact our Private Sector Housing or our Private Sector Leasing in our Housing Procurement Team on the landlord hotline number 01708 431 515.