Information and advice
The Development Team is the single point of contact for all businesses looking to start, expand or relocate to the borough. We are determined to see the area thrive and are dedicated to ensuring that businesses succeed in the area.
We provide help on general and specific issues for all those running their own business. We work in close partnership with professional service providers to ensure you have easy access to information on all business matters including recruitment and training, grant initiatives, planning guidance, and finance.
Our comprehensive network ensures we can deliver a strong infrastructure of support to your business.
If you own an existing business or are looking to start one, we can help.
Contact the Development Team
Business Development Team c/o Town Hall,
Starting a business
Havering is a very supportive environment for start-ups.
We have a wealth of networks and organisations for all types and style of new business where you can get practical advice, ideas and make valuable contacts.
Growing a business
Once your business is established and you’re making a profit on the products and services you sell, you may want to start thinking about how to grow.
Many businesses think of growth in terms of increased sales, but it’s also important to focus on how to maintain or improve your profitability.
Some ways to maintain or improve your profitability are:
- look into ways of increasing your sales, both to existing customers and new customers
- improve your products and services by researching and testing changes
- develop new products and services, and sell them to new or existing markets
- take on staff or training your current staff, including working with apprentices
- look for additional sources of funding, such as bringing in new investors
- think about increasing online sales or exporting to new markets
For more information visit gov.uk for advice about growing your own business visit:
There is a wealth of support available for inventors and innovators, which will help bring your ideas and prototypes to market.
For more information visit: