Mental wellbeing means feeling good about yourself and the world around you. The NHS recommends that taking the following five steps can help in staying well.
- Connect and develop relationships with people around you, as building strong social connections can help us feel happier and more secure and give us a sense of purpose.
- Be active – find an activity that you enjoy and make it part of your life.
- Keep learning and gain new skills.
- Give to others – whether with a small gesture such as a smile or kind word or by volunteering.
- Be mindful – be more aware of the present moment, and thoughts and feelings.
Your mind plan
There are simple things that we can all do to look after our mental health and wellbeing.
Take the Public Health England and NHS quiz to get started today with a free plan, expert advice and practical tips.
Your Mind plan helps you build a practical plan that you can use to help maintain and improve your mental health.
Once you have taken the quiz you can find information about activities and events taking place in Havering on our website to help improve your health and wellbeing.