Because of government guidance on coronavirus a number of our buildings are now closed and events listed on our site are subject to change or cancellation. Changes to council services, advice and support we can provide, the latest local news and links to Government advice is available on our dedicated coronavirus information page. Go to our coronavirus information page

Premises licensing - Please apply online

To prevent any delays in your application we currently advise you to use the online option and not send us paper copies. Go to links to online premises licence applications

Coronavirus - Support for businesses

Our coronavirus support for businesses page has grant application forms and links to GOV.UK information. Go to our coronavirus support for businesses page

Trading standards and Covid 19

See details of the role of trading standards and raise a concern about a business. Find out more

How to rent a Council-owned shop

If you are thinking of renting a Council-owned shop, please refer to our retail management policy which has information on retail uses and policy on tenant mix.

When a Council shop becomes available it will be marketed by Hilbery Chaplin.

Please be aware that professional fees are payable on commercial lettings. These fees are payable in addition to any rent, business rates and other outgoings payable under the terms of the lease. In addition to these fees, the Council will also make a charge in respect of it's reasonable legal costs.

If you are an existing council shop tenant and wish to assign your lease to another person or business, you can complete our application to assign form.

Should you require general commercial property advice and information, visit the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) website.

How would you rate this page?

Rate this page

Thank you for rating this page.
You can also choose to leave us feedback.