Children in Care Council
The Children in Care Council (CICC) give young people in care an opportunity to meet other young people with the similar backgrounds and experiences.
Young People will be able to voice their opinions, give their views and ideas to improve the services for them and influence decision makers.
It is a way of making sure that the people who make decisions about looked after children and care leavers know what the issues are for the children and young people themselves.
Havering’s Children in Care Council has two different participation groups that young people can attend if they are looked after by Havering or are Havering care leavers.
Phoenix - 10-16 years old
- Meet every two weeks
- Meet one Saturday a month
- Meet different young people
- Take part in fun activities
- Attend Corporate Parenting Meetings
- Get involved with projects, be a part of interview panels and attend London Children in Care Council
- Bring together young people in care to improve how you are looked after.
To get involved please email email@example.com
Youth Management Team - 17-25 years old
- Meet once a month
- Discuss matters that are important to you
- Use your experience to make positive changes
- Have access to the Cocoon and Leaving Care staff
- Attend corporate parenting meetings
- Discuss over 18's issues with Heads of Service every month
- Get the opportunity to manage projects and take part in events, activates and be a part of interview panels
- Attend the London Children in Care council.
Phone: 01708 434 813